Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, August 29, 2011

Banana Bread for Christopher



I've been wanting to UPS an online friend a baked good for months now. He lives clear across to the East Coast. It could cost me. I hope not. Am committed to mailing him this banana chocolate chip bread anyway. It's a recipe adapted from Food Network's Tyler Florence, and found on one of my go-to food blogs, Week of Menus (she's Korean too!). I left out the walnuts, because of allergies.

Next time I make this, though (yes, it's a keeper), I may save some flour to coat the chocolate chips with. When it was time to unmold it from the loaf pan, it stuck. Three chocolate chips wound up sticking to the bottom.

Not to worry. I simply waited until the loaf cooled down considerably longer than 10 minutes to unmold.

It's easy to make. I even dared to add one extra overripe banana -- all my bananas were saved up in the freezer for months -- without it messing with the final outcome. Smells so delicious. Banana bread lasts for awhile.

In Hawaii, it's a sign of hospitality, welcome, friendship and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment