Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nutella Banana Muffin Baking Lesson #2



Last weekend, my son, 9, and I launched the first of what will hopefully be a semi-regular, in-house series of baking classes. All because James indicated a desire to bake sugar cookies (really, just making frosting). After we found and made a suitable recipe for iced sugar cookies, I thought it best to diverge into something else entirely: a banana bread.

Eventually I settled on this Nutella Banana Muffin recipe from Miss in the Kitchen.

It's easy, James adores Nutella out of the jar, and it didn't require a lot of bananas. Unfortunately, I forgot to thaw the frozen overripened bananas for the recipe, so I just grabbed the barely ripe one off the fruit bowl. *Mental note: eat All Bran with sliced bananas the rest of this week.

In the middle of trying to excavate 1/2 a cup of Nutella out, James declared he'd much rather make and roll out sugar cookies. So we'll focus more on variations of sugar cookies from now on, provided he find a way to finish them and share them with the neighbor friends before the next lesson, which he hasn't done with the first batch we still have.

He also refuses to try any of the muffins. That's alright. I'll have them with my bowl of blueberries or raspberries. Bananas are nutritional, right?

1 comment:

  1. Nutella muffin I so love ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡it . O my it looks so delicious. I want to make one too except I'm bad at baking .my sweets always burned .

    ReplyDelete