Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, July 4, 2011

Coke Float



I don't know if I've been craving a Coke Float for real for over two weeks. It just seemed like the best thing to have -- man I could really use one now too -- during a stressful Friday trying to finish soap columns on deadline. I kept a look-out for it until today, when my husband suggested we might find it at the Crystal Creek Cafe in Bothell, WA. It's an old-fashioned American diner we first went to in the spring while staying overnight at a hotel nearby just for giggles. We really loved the ambience of the place, the homemade pies, and my husband's hot turkey sandwich (with real slabs of turkey).

Sure enough, they had Root Beer Float which they easily converted to a Coke Float for me. I even received a small plastic container of extra Coke to pour over my three scoops of vanilla ice cream. I must say, I was so full I didn't appreciate it. But after emptying my bowels coming home, I could totally polish one or two off now.

There's something so comforting and nostalgic about a Coke Float. I think too many of us take it for granted or simply don't even think of it when we should. There should be a Coke float in every restaurant and fast food place. I think McDonald's even served Coke floats at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment