Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Boring Prelude



It may be easy to make Ina Garten's Tuna and Hummus (Open-Faced) Sandwiches, but it's not worth making.

I thought I'd enjoy the French exotica of radish-topped Tuna and Hummus, but -- after making the recipe the other day -- I didn't. It was ... blah.

Yeah, yeah, hummus with tuna. Big surprise. One big blob of pablum. Maybe if I made my own hummus. The one I bought from a health food store (lazy me) was very good and I even doctored it up with more olive oil and garlic. Nature of the beast.

Also, what's the difference between pickles and cornichons? Cornichons seem like fancy pants talk for mini-dills to me.

What do I do with all this leftover sourdough bread from Grand Central Bakery? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment