Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, June 12, 2011

On the fly barbecue



I don't normally do things on the fly. I'm too uptight. I have lists for everything--planning weeks in advance. But I've been working on spontaneity.

It took me awhile to figure out that my friend was talking about having us over for barbecued Asian-marinated chicken tonight, not whenever my husband was free too. All she asked was I bring some salad. Usually my husband makes Caesar salad. Since he was on a wedding gig, it was up to me.



I went to the nearest Costco to pick up ready-made, ready-washed mixed spring greens/spinach, then a gigantic bag of Parmesan focaccia croutons. At home, I quickly roasted whatever suitable nuts I had handy (pecans) while I whipped up "Fran's Simple Vinaigrette" from For the Love of Cooking, which I'd quickly looked up under "simple salad dressings" online minutes earlier.

Not bad, huh?



I would've thrown in avocado but they weren't ripe yet.

For dinner, I had grilled chicken thighs, the salad with my awesome garlicky dressing, garlic bread, rice, way too much jasmine rice, turkey tetrazzini... Everything was great, especially with the sun outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment