Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, June 13, 2011

Copper River



I really am a bad judge of proportion. We have enough leftover Costco-sized bins of mixed greens to last us every meal for two weeks, if the lettuce lasts that long. Not to worry, we have Fran's basic and simple garlicky vinaigrette. My husband tried it for the first time for dinner tonight--with the roasted pecans and avocado chunks. He was loving himself on it, I daresay, more than the Copper River Salmon he prepared on the cedar plank.

It's the vinaigrette. You can literally put it on anything, not just salad and all its many variations, but as a marinade on chicken, fish, beef. Pasta salad if you're so inclined.



My husband soaked the cedar plank for awhile, then placed filets of the salmon on top, slathered with a mixture of Dijon, garlic, maybe mayo, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice. He wasn't satisfied with the first batch, said it wasn't salty enough. I thought it had plenty of that cedar flavor throughout, a smoky cedar flavor that went well with the salad and my rice.



We also have enough Copper River to last us the rest of the week--if we don't eat anything else. I don't know about you, but I really can't tell the difference between this special short-seasoned gem of a salmon everybody goes nuts over, versus the flash frozen kind from Alaska or the Atlantic. It's all in the preparation. Maybe the Copper River thing is hype. Wouldn't be the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment