Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Little Philly



Have you bookmarked Philly's recipe page yet? Call me a late bloomer, but I just discovered the website tonight. I even applied one of its cooking techniques to leftover Arrabbiata sauce, leftover cheddar, Fontina, and Mozzarella, and some freshly boiled linguine.

One of my favorite spaghetti recipes through the years is baked spaghetti. It never occurred to me or my parents growing up to bake spaghetti. My high school boyfriend's mom made me baked spaghetti once when I was over, and I've been hooked ever since. It's economical too. You can bake any kind of pasta with leftover vegetables and cheeses, and call it a legitimate dinner for the family.

That's what I did tonight. I was staring at this gigantic container of Arrabbiata sauce and wasn't in the mood for mushy angel hair. So I tossed cooked linguine with some sauce and cheeses, then poured it into a loaf pan, topped it with more cheese, then afterwards, plopped on a few spoonfuls of Philly cream cheese. It reminded me of that awesome Puttanesca I had in a sports bar in downtown Honolulu back in 1989. I could never figure out what the magic silky cheesy touch was until later. Cream cheese.

There's so much to do with cream cheese that I'm only now discovering thanks to their website. Good thing, 'cause my husband bought up a jumbo-size of the stuff. One can only eat so many bagels, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment