Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Green Chicken Enchilada--in a casserole



I don't care that the Picky Palate! is a part of the McCormick Real Gourmet Blogger Program and got paid for using its roasted gourmet cumin seasoning in this simple, basic Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake.

This is a good recipe to keep in the family. It's good because it's simple to put together, it uses ingredients you can easily find in the fridge and pantry that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and it's a great launching board to experiment with adjustments and additions.

I wasn't sure whether they meant 2 cups of cooked rice or 2 cups of uncooked rice. I did 2 cups of cooked rice, which wasn't enough really. But then I used the larger Pampered Chef stone bakeware. Regardless, in future events, I will load up on the long-grain rice because I love the concept of rice (an Asian approach) underneath this cheesy, gooey, chicken casserole with a Mexican flair. Even if you don't use enough rice in the bake, you can always add more afterwards, which is what I'm doing now for my late dinner.

I was almost going to use regular ole cumin, until I saw that roasted ground cumin really did exist and at Albertson's the other day, it was on sale!

Definitely keep this recipe. You can make it healthier too. Go for it. Every time I'm in need of homemade comfort or a handy casserole dish for a generic potluck, this is the one to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment