Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, May 1, 2011

free McDonald's coffee



"That'll be zero dollars and ... uh ... zero cents." -McDonald's clerk, May 1, 2011


Facebook is powerful stuff. I saw a friend's picture of a bottle of Coca-Cola one minute, and the next, it was all I could do not to run to the nearest grocery store to buy up all the bottles. I did, however, run down to the nearest McDonald's to pick up a small cup of the fizzy elixir of my dreams. Oh, it so hit the spot. I'm trying to resist another hit tonight.

Another fabulous McDonald's -- they're doing better than all the rest of us in this recession-turned-inflation -- perk is their current free small coffee. Even the cream and sugars are free. Whenever possible, even if inconveniently late at night, I've made a run to pick up my fair share. Even better, McDonald's coffee around here is made by SBC, the creamiest coffee around. As much as I love Starbucks, its roast can be bitter and way too strong.

McDonald's free coffee comes in handy for when I need to write a quick column on the fly during an off-time on the weekend. Or I've missed my morning coffee, because of two days of sleep deprivation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking your time writing this post! Cheers, coupon and voucher
    Also, feel free to visit my blog http://getmcdonaldscouponsfree.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete