Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Christmas in May



Yes, I'm suffering from Facebook envy. Some of the more popular people have gone on fabulous family-oriented trips out of town. They've posted pictures and exclamatory status updates of their fabulous adventures, while I sit at home with a lingering sinus headache and sleep deprivation from eight days of terrible sleep.

We stayed home. But our plan was to grill up some *steaks, eat them however each one of us likes. I like my steak with rice and one vegetable, maybe asparagus. My husband likes his with Caesar salad and a baked potato. Our son like his steak cut up in pieces, not bloody, not too well done, and, on a separate plate, corn on the cob with butter and salt.

Somehow, my husband went from simple steak to fancy steak with sauteed onions and mushrooms in a Merlot sauce, with cucumber salad, Caesar salad and corn on the cob. I'm surprised he didn't flambe Bananas Foster.

He was inspired by the produce stands in and around our neighborhood. I didn't mind. I ate way too much, enjoying every carnivorous morsel. It's back to normal, restrained, healthier eating tomorrow of course. But tonight, I may also have a Hershey bar.

*My husband's recipe for steak is to combine the use of Hawaiian salt, the pink stuff, with a searing in butter method on a screaming hot cast iron skillet a friend of his uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment