Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Banana (Espresso Chocolate Chip) Bread again for teacher



I had a bunch of organic bananas sitting there. Only one eaten. But then I ran out of All Bran.

I had nobody to make Sweet Pea's Kitchen's Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Bread for, so made up a reason for someone. My son's teacher was absent the last day of Staff Appreciation Week. I had to quickly fish out her banana bread (from another recipe) and give it to the office staff.

Well, here we go.

I just had to pick up whole milk, which I never have because my family prefers non-fat/skim and I prefer soy. And forego the stand mixer. Otherwise, I went with it. I didn't even over-bake based on the mildly liquidy crack in the middle. I trusted the 10 minutes cooling in the pan and completely cooling out of the pan. Sure enough, the crack disappeared, no liquid. It's supposed to be a fulfilling, quick breakfast on-the-go, "I swear this bread only gets better as the days go by. The flavors mingle together and it stays incredibly moist."

I hope Mrs. Matsumoto likes it. Even though it's not store-bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment