Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Poached Egg, Turkey Bacon, Asparagus, Asparagus Pee



Don't let simple recipes fool you. They're often the best. I'm not talkin' about simply classic Ina Garten recipes that require some brain cells to put together. I'm talkin' about so simple as to be stupid, why is this even put together as a recipe stupid, like PB&J. That's what I thought initially of this asparagus and poached egg recipe from For the Love of Cooking.

At first glance, the recipe's like, what's the big deal? just throw a poached egg on some asparagus spears. Also, where's the carb? Is this Atkins now?



But I saw some asparagus--the thin pencils I prefer over the thick--at Albertson's the other day for cheap, so hey. It's always good to get a tried-and-true roasted asparagus recipe, and this is one of them. Easy to follow, easy to try, and fail-safe. I added crushed garlic and real olive oil from a bottle.

The only thing I didn't do, is poached the egg her way, with a custard cup in the simmering pot of water. I already have a poached egg pan, which I didn't use in this case, and a quicker way of doing just one on the fly.

Yes, I threw in a piece of spelt toast and some turkey bacon. Otherwise, the dish seemed half-empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment