Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's not a rock, it's chicken



I was going to go out and get some chicken to make some Asian-influenced broiled chicken dish to serve with fresh steamed green beans and rice (reducing gluten), tomorrow. But my husband's home today so he went and got the chicken, and then--because it's a warm sunny day outside, grilled the tequila/lime-marinated chicken.

He made sure to crisp the chicken skin, easy to do with the sugars in the tequila. The tequila also gave the chicken a nice alcohol-y smoke flavor, almost like Hawaii's Huli-Huli chicken but without the soy.

All that flavor in the chicken thighs... I prefer to pair this main entree up with basic steamed vegetables and rice. Here's his marinade recipe: tequila, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder.

My next main entree will focus on salmon and an Indian influence using the most basic of ingredients--yogurt, spices--and cooking technique--broil, bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment