Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, April 18, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Raisinette Cookies



These were going to be part of the snacks I brought to my son's baseball game last week. Until I read the fine print on the package of Raisinettes that said they were made in a production plant that also processes peanuts. One of the boys on the team is allergic. But I still wanted to make the recipe, just later.

Later is now. No reason for the fire, other than Raisinettes are dangerous in this house. I used to mainline them as a child going to the movies. I'm no different as an adult. I settled for yogurt-covered raisins from a health food store to tide me over. Yeah, like those are any healthier.



This is a fairly straightforward recipe, except for the having to leave the sheet pans full of balls of raw cookie dough chilling in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Why? I don't see anything different on the ingredient list from other oatmeal cookies to warrant a chill, but, it's not my recipe, it's Sweet Pea's Kitchen and it's based on a solid, popular oatmeal-raisin cookie--which she spiffed up with Raisinettes. Genius.

Plus, I figure, if you pair Raisinettes with rolled organic oats, you can't feel too guilty.

They're not for any special occasion. Just in my trusty ole cookie jar for my family (read: my husband's sweet tooth).

No comments:

Post a Comment