Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lemon Loaf (Cake, not Bread)



Not just any lemon loaf (for some reason I keep calling it plain Jane lemon bread). A really time-consuming, delicate lemony lemon-glazed, lemon-syrupy in all the cracks and crevices lemon loaf from Sweet Pea's Kitchen.

On a random whim, I saw it listed in her index and decided to try it. Not a recipe to try on a whim on a late Saturday night, my friends. I was up until 3 a.m. with it, in the fourth stage -- there are many, many parts to it, so pay attention -- before I gave up finishing with the glaze until the next day.



Despite the time-consuming recipe -- it's supposedly from New York baker Bill Yosses, as featured frequently by Martha Stewart -- it's well worth the trouble, if you've got a wonderful, caring friend to take care of for having taken care of you all these years, or, in my case, a musician friend of my husband's coming through with crucial notes from a recent Oz Noy Trio Jazz Alley gig.

Art won't know what hit him.

1 comment:

  1. Just open a bakery already. This looks so delightful. I'm ready for a slice and a cup of tea, thank you..

    ReplyDelete