Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Friday, January 28, 2011

Post-Op Treat



For after my surgery -- a Uterine Artery Embolization (to shrink three Mandarin-sized fibroids) -- I requested two of my favorite comfort foods, foods I either love but can't have too much of too often or foods I haven't had in ages. The first was my husband's own recipe for soft-boiled eggs. He invented this dish, which is a hybrid of poached eggs and toast. You always dip pieces of toast into the broken yolks anyway, right? Why not blend them all together? He soft boils (three minutes) the egg, butters and cuts the toast into bite-sized squares, tosses them together with salt and pepper to taste. Boom! Best breakfast ever. I had a bowl of this for my first meal back at home. I may request it as a standing order until my 10-day convalescence is over.



The second food I requested was my husband's pot roast. I don't know what he does to it. I think he uses a Food Network chef's recipe as a base, and added potatoes and extra carrots per my request. But it's great over buttered noodles. This one I had for a late-lunch today.



Otherwise, I'm getting by on smaller meals, mostly turkey sandwiches with basil leaves (the basil really makes this sandwich pop, it's much more preferable than the grotesque iceberg), slices of tomato, and red onion, and homemade turkey (mine from Christmas) and chicken noodle soups (from my gourmand friend Christina). I also received flowers from other friends and constant inquiries into my health. I'm a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment