Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Elliott's Happy Hour



"Our happy hour is one of Seattle's best-kept secrets," said our server. It really is. We were over at Elliott's Oyster House in downtown Seattle's Waterfront (me, my husband, our son, my mom) during the ungodly hour of between 4 and 5, where nobody else was inside and I mean nobody. Stupid, stupid, robot-trained lemmings.

If they would just release their iron-clad grip on conformist dinner hours, come a little bit earlier, they'd avoid the crowds and score 50 cent-oysters on the half-shell. We had three dozen Chef's selections. Sure, by the time we were on our third tray, the selection began to deteriorate with way-too-briny oysters, but it's still a screaming deal (considering primetime prices are like $2 per).



You can also score deals on the Happy Hour bar menu: fried calamari, oyster stew, mussels in tequila-lime cream sauce, Blackened Rockfish tacos, salmon sliders. Crazy.



Happy Hour is 3 p.m.-6 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment