Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chocolate Banana Gingerbread



Somehow I had two bananas way past overripe I needed to use or get rid of. Of all the recipes I had or looked up, I found this one for chocolate banana gingerbread at How Sweet It is that required only two. Others required three or more. I wasn't about to go out and buy more overripe bananas just for one banana bread. Plus, it's close to Christmas time, which means everything gingerbread. Throw in chocolate chips, and a friend's Christmas-colored sugar sprinkles (instead of raw turbinado sugar--I didn't have any left and I couldn't find any in the limited time I had) as a gift from last year, and my other friend Christina is going to have a very lovely holiday gift from me, indeed.

Quite festive-looking, huh. Quite easy to make, too.

Only quirk is in the beginning when you mix the scant 1/4th cup of butter and 1/3rd cup of sugar together in the stand mixer, it doesn't seem volume enough to mix into a light batter. Unless you use a hand beater.

And I had to taste the liquified, thawed, almost blackened bananas several times to make sure I wasn't going to poison her. I read on another food blog somewhere that the darker and almost black with overripeness, the better for baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment