Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, December 13, 2010

Butterscotch Chip Spice Cookies



I wasn't planning to baking any cookies for Christmas. It was going to be Martha Stewart's gingerbread snacking cake all the way--even if you and you got sick of it. Gingerbread cake is my favorite dessert of all time. But then I was reviewing the latest recipes on Food Gawker (a must during the holidays for ideas) and found Sweet Pea's Kitchen and her awesome-looking, doable Butterscotch Chip Spice Cookies.

I had bought a package of butterscotch chips for an oatmeal recipe I never got around to baking, so I figured this was kismet. I would just prepare these -- all the way up to forming the batter in a disk and then refrigerating it overnight -- after the gingerbread snacking cake. Nothing too hard. I wound up not having enough time anyway last night to finish with cookies in the oven, so it was good that you could leave the dough to chill overnight.



This morning, I took the cold dough out for 10 minutes while I puttered around the kitchen, preparing other baked goods as gifts, coffee and Mila. These remind me of chocolate-spiced crinkle cookies. Same procedure. Roll 1 1/2-inch balls of dough in powdered sugar, bake for 14 minutes. But I kind of rushed the packaging. The cookies were cooled completely, but they may need a little more time for the powdered sugar -- like snow -- to firm up.

Alas, I don't think my husband minded the sticky powdered sugar, when he tried one. You won't either. Visit Sweet Pea's Kitchen. She has a wonderful mix of easy, but delicious and classic recipes for all occasions, and not just dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment