Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pillsbury Mini Crescent Dogs



As if I didn't have enough on my plate, I go and volunteer to make pigs in a blanket, ala Pillsbury mini-crescent dogs (with smoked link turkey sausages!). It's for tonight's Traxx activity with our sons' soccer team. While the boys are racing around in their little cars upstairs, the parents will be downstairs preparing elaborate snacks for them for after. We booked a room for two hours.

After some consideration, and talking with the other moms, I decided to make the planned soccer field cake for the team and the coaches today instead of waiting to spring the surprise on them at our end-of-soccer-season party at our house on the 20th. Too many people are bringing dessert. The cake would go to waste.

More on the cake after the party...

Besides cake, which took me two whole days and three months to outline, I just finished whipping up the pigs in a blanket. I chose this particular recipe, because it reminds me of my childhood, it's easy finger food, and it's even easier to make, as long as you're not hung up on what they mean by cutting lengthwise to equal smaller triangles. I flunked geometry. At one point in the cutting of the crescent roll dough, I noticed myself making do with diamond and rectangle shapes. Hey, whatever wraps those suckers. I also noticed Pillsbury stopped using cans that pop when you open the wrapper or snag a spoon in the crack. But Fred Meyer's generic version popped like a bastard, causing me to jump and shriek like a banshee. Love it.

The little piggies are warming in the oven, to be served with little containers of ketchup and mustard. I may eat four in a row upon arrival since I didn't have time to have breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment