Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Healthier Breakfast



To the naked eye, this looks like a plate of bacon, fried egg and toast--complete annihilation. But it's not, really. The toast is a decadent English style toasting bread I scored at Albertson's of all places. But it's not buttered. The crispness goes well with the broken yolk of the fried egg (fried in olive oil). And that's turkey bacon.

The trick is to divide the egg and the bacon strips into enough parts that will spread around to all four slices of toast. I failed today; I still have half of a half of a piece of toast and a sliver of bacon left, and no egg.

It's the best late, late breakfast I can think of to make. I don't know what I'll have for dinner. There's so much to choose from in the fridge: tons of turkey dogs, potato salad, leftover brussel sprouts from early Thanksgiving, tequila-lime-marinated chicken. Or maybe I wanna toss together a bowl of spaghetti. I watched Cake Boss in Rome and Sicily, and got fired up.

No comments:

Post a Comment