Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Artichokes and Lemon



Do. not. make. this. recipe. Unless you actually enjoy the stink and taste of artichoke hearts (think embalming fluid meets Raid pest control). I don't. I regretted making this from For the Love of Cooking. I was also surprised. Usually, I love everything this cook makes, and I've made a lot of food from her blog.

I couldn't find fingerling potatoes in the first and only store I went into. Just small Yukon Golds. But then I was pressed for time. I should've gone to Trader Joe's. There, they always have fingerlings, as well as bags of artichoke hearts not this frozen boxed crap. But the potatoes weren't the problem.

I supposed I could've roasted the dish in the 400-degree oven a little longer than the 15 minutes the recipe calls for. But again, pressed for time, planning to eat dinner now not later. I forced myself to eat a plate of this crap. Absolute crap.

The chicken wasn't golden enough for me. Not my fault either. Followed the recipe on that exactly. Maybe she should stick to soups and baked sweets.

And maybe I should give up cooking anything other than cookies. I'm starving to death now with nothing else to eat in this house. Now I remember why I always shy away from trying new recipes for dinner. They almost always turn out badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment