Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pasta e Fagioli (with Italian turkey sausage)



I have more soups in the fridge than I know what to do with. I still have leftover Manhattan Clam Chowder from last week. My friend Christina, another foodie/chef, dropped off some salmon seafood chowder she made. Then, tonight, I whipped up Pasta e Fagioli from the For the Love of Cooking blog (for the second time).

I did it mostly because I thought I'd be done with it in time to drop some off at another friend's house later on, along with the Pumpkin Nutella Bread I made yesterday just for Mike and his family. Mike did me a favor by attending our son's third soccer game to take pictures. He's a professional photographer (who's really good capturing sports) with a family business called Four Angels Photography. As payment, I'd planned on baking for him. I also threw in a check out of my own account. I believe people should be paid for their skills in service.

Anyway, I wasn't done in time. I woke up late. I neglected to take into consideration the two-hour simmering time the Pasta e Fagioli required. And my son wanted an in-home movie night.

I followed the recipe to the letter this time. I even found the Italian turkey sausage from Albertson's.

Last time, over two years ago, I quadrupled the recipe, fiddled with some ingredients, wasn't able to get the Italian turkey sausage, made do with some other turkey/chicken version from Trader Joe's, and served an entire stock pot's worth to my then-Bible study group. They proclaimed it the best soup they ever had. Some had seconds, thirds and fourths. The gigantic stock pot was empty by the end of the Bible study. Nobody paid much attention to the Bible that night either, they were so in love with this soup.

I may share some of the soup with some friends this week. It all depends if I have time to make deliveries and if this soup turned out as good as the first attempt did. If it did or surpassed the first attempt, I may keep the soup all in the family. This time, I'm accompanying bowlfuls with whole wheat rolls. Even healthier.

It's now 2:06 a.m. (I had other work to do). I had my husband put the pot of finished Pasta e Fagioli into the fridge. In a minute, I'm going down to heat up a bowl of my friend's salmon seafood chowder for my late, late, late dinner, and hoping tomorrow isn't as busy. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment