Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Egg on a Whole Wheat Roll



A simple sandwich for breakfast--nothing beats it.

Of course, with it being soccer Saturday and me, breakfast was after 4 p.m. It was also considerably healthier than the NY-style egg on a hard roll. I used a whole wheat roll, heated it up a little (not until crusty) in the oven at the lowest temp while I fried one egg, slightly broken in the yolk and two slices of turkey bacon in olive oil. Salt and pepper the egg, top it with a few slices of cheddar. You're good.

My family refuses to touch turkey bacon. But after the initial gross-out at it not looking like "real bacon," it's actually quite good. At least to me.

I preferred a zucchini muffin from PCC, but I ran out yesterday, so I'm going to the market again. I also need bananas for my All-Bran cereal mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment