Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Monday, October 25, 2010

Dressed-Up Jalapeno Bagel



Weekday mornings are usually coffee-and-zucchini-muffin breakfasts. Weekends are reserved for splashy egg dishes. But two nights ago, I picked up some bagels from PCC, including a jalapeno and cheese, which doesn't last long.

I was maybe reserving the jalapeno bagel for the avocado I also bought, but it's not ripe yet. I do, however, still have some leftover baby spinach and a tomato that won't wait longer than a week. So I put them all together with some cream cheese in toasted bagel half-sandwiches.

Trouble is, because I have IBS-D, I can't just wolf these down and go to my son's soccer practice, which I must do in about one minute. I'll have an accident on the way over. Luckily, I have my husband who is enjoying the rare musician's day off, so he can drop James off, come back, and then I'll take over. Just in time for a trip to the lav.

Don't forget to salt and pepper the tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment