Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Original Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies (for Barnaby's birthday)



I thought to augment Barnaby's (James' soccer friend) birthday gift card with a paper sack full of my homemade chocolate chip cookies. It's a Tollhouse specialty and my personal favorite. I've gotten fairly good at baking these cookies, as long as I watch the clock (they bake a shade longer than 11 minutes but not too long). If I don't, even if it's one minute longer than 11 minutes, I'm in trouble.



The first batch was, to me, a little underbaked. The cookies were cooked through, but paler than I normally prefer. The second batch was overbaked, just shy of burnt. I finally got the swing of things in the middle. But, I must say, I was caught up singing to Sara Bareilles' "Gravity" on my iPod (I bake listening to music through my earphones) and pulled the last two cookies out too late. They were smoking, their little bottoms blackened. I ate those, reserved 3/4ths of a bag for Barnaby and saved the rest for my cookie jar, which for sure my son and husband will lay waste to in one to two days.

Like they did to the two bags of Pepperidge Farm's Brussels cookies yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment