Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crispy Green Beans


It's been about three years since I made it back to P.F. Chang's. Lunch with my friend Sheila (then, Beth, and Eddie) was almost gonna be Macaroni Grill. But two nights before, I glanced at an old menu and found myself craving the lettuce wraps and pan-fried shrimp dumplings.

This place has changed! The menu's different, with new additions including gluten-free versions. I noticed the crispy green beans right off under appetizers and kept going back. It said these were "more addictive than potato chips." That had to be a recommendation, right? Plus, it came with some aioli sauce.

I am so glad I ordered it. It was the best. I almost wished I had only ordered this, the lettuce wraps -- everybody shared -- and my husband's Mongolian Beef with lots of rice. Seemed my stomach was craving good-old-fashioned Chinese food, with a splash of California twist. The aioli sauce for the crispy green beans had Sriracha Thai hot sauce in it. Oh yeah.

In the next three years, when I'm back, I'm for sure gonna go mostly vegetarian. Like, stir-fried eggplant, Ma Po Tofu, lots of white rice, and those green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment