Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins?



For the longest time, I avoided even the thought of putting sugar on zucchini for muffins. I thought it was the grossest thing. Until I had PCC's vegan zucchini muffins. My favorite. And until I tasted shredded zucchini for these muffins, from For the Love of Cooking.

Zucchini is really sweet for a vegetable. I mean it's really sweet, in a pleasant way, I never imagined. So it stands to reason it would go well with chocolate (to make the zucchini go down easier?) for these muffins.

I could not follow the recipe as printed because she left out ingredients in the instructions. Like the cinnamon and nutmeg in the dry mix. I had to just read the ingredient list to make sure I used everything. Everything came together. I only had to lengthen baking time to about 23-24 minutes total.

Surprisingly, the tops puffed up nice and round like little domes. Nothing flowed over, and the smell... OMG. I may repeat this recipe for others. For myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment