Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sugared Peanut Butter Cookies (with chocolate chips)



The sugared peanut butter cookies from Ambition's Kitchen looked like something I could bake in my own kitchen. They resembled the spiced chocolate crinkle cookies I made for Christmas. Most peanut butter cookies are just plain, but the sugar addition sparkled these cookies like diamonds.

The only tweaking I did was adding about 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips, for my husband who's a chocoholic. Didn't affect the texture or flavor at all. And, the only problem I encountered was the amount of time these cookies should bake until they're ready to eat. The recipe said 10 minutes or until lightly golden-brown but do not overbake. That's a little hard to ascertain.

I wound up baking my cookies at least 20 minutes for the first batch. After only 10 minutes, in feeling the tops, they still felt raw. The scent of these brought me back to 7th grade Homemaking Class at Aiea Intermediate School. Peanut butter cookies were the first things we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment