Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Local Breakfast for Lunch



Ono, eh? This is a typical breakfast in Hawaii (although we eat this 24 hours a day; nighttime after graduation is especially awesome): Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice, with mac salad. Unfortunately, this -- L&L Hawaiian Barbecue -- is the closest thing to local I'm gonna get, living in the Pacific Northwest. L&L is alright. But it's not the best plate lunch place in Hawaii. If I had Byron's Drive-in near Honolulu airport... oh man, or even a McDonald's anywhere in the islands.

I wasn't planning on buying this at all, but I was out running errands and had to stock up on a specific kind of yarn found only at JoAnn's, which is near L&L, so... The mac salad was a little too gooey with mayo without much flavor. For some reason L&L on the Mainland seems to add soy sauce to the Portuguese sausage and the SPAM (for the SPAM musubi), which leaves them way too salty for me. It's overkill. You don't need to add anything, just fry the buggers. Btw, it's the mac salad which needed the soy sauce (big hint).

I would've rather gone to IHOP for my T-bone steak and eggs (got a fix on it after a radio talk show host said he was looking forward to having a T-bone for dinner), but I had to finish my columns (I'm a soap writer) and clean house, and it's now 1:14 a.m. No time, plus I'm beat.

At least I have L&L leftover to eat. Such as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment