Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

From Freezer Pumpkin Loaves


I used a recipe from Recipezaar as a base for my two pumpkin bread loaves tonight. Mostly, it was an excuse to use up frozen pumpkin puree (two cups total, imagine that) and, in the middle of the process, try Craisins and semi-sweet chocolate chips as a combination filling instead of the requisite two cups of raisins (or nuts).

Last time I made pumpkin bread, I'd thrown in only a handful of dark chocolate chips as an experiment, not sure it would work. It worked. My friend loved the combo, asking for more next time. I had also run out of regular raisins and used Craisins in their place. Much, much better.

Thawing pumpkin puree, though, is gross. Way too much water to squeeze out through a tight sieve, texture disaffected. I don't get why so many women prefer freezing baked goods. I hate it.

This recipe of a lady named Leslie is supposed to bake up dense, moist pumpkin breads. It's easy to prepare, add things to, adjust other things. I also threw in a tsp. of kosher salt and made half the sugar brown. Judging from the smell, me and my family are in for a breakfast treat. At least this will tide me over until I can make it back to PCC for my zucchini muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment