Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dante/Devon birthday party



On Thursday night or Friday, I was invited to a last-minute combined Saturday birthday party for brothers Dante (8) and Devon (4). Rather, their former Tae Kwon Do teammate, my son, was. James and I are always up for a party, especially when it involves indoor, heated swimming pools (for him) and free food (for me).

Oh, the food. I always love attending Kristine (and her sister-in-law Cat's) birthday parties in the past, because they fed you well. Kristine is known for her love of baking desserts. She had quite a spread: cookies with jelly in the middle, bars with green, minty filling, vanilla cupcakes light as air topped with curls of white chocolate, Oreo crumbles or chocolate frosting.

She also had tons of Costco pizzas, including my favorite--the supreme with bell pepper, onion and sausage, and lasagna (Stouffer's, I think).



Thank God, because I hadn't had a chance to eat. I just slept in, went for my hour walk around the neighborhood, and had just enough time for a soothing cup of coffee before we had to head out. So the pizza and the lasagna, not to mention the three cupcakes and cookie, really hit the spot.

To tell you the truth, I could've eaten 10 more of those chocolate cupcakes. Something about the humble cupcake reminds me of my childhood, where there were no such beasts as calorie counting and Atkins diets.

No comments:

Post a Comment