Let's eat!

Hi. My name's Carol, and I love food. No, you don't understand. I love food. If I were on the Titanic, I'd be in the galley (kitchen) eating up the chocolate pudding and the roasted quail. I go to most events, activities and parties just for the food. The company and the conversation are secondary. Here, I'll try to document everything that goes into my mouth. Aren't we excited? Oh, hey, are you gonna eat that?

Saturday, May 15, 2010

carnival chili dog



What a pleasant surprise. When I read all about the school carnival (my son's), for weeks earlier, I read all about the kinds of games and food Serene Lake Elementary would have for sale. Food like hot dogs, pizza, cotton candy, candy, Otter Pops, and popcorn, with lemonade and soda.

Tonight was the night. I did my volunteer hour (and 30 minutes extra, 'cause I loved calling out numbers so much) at the cakewalk, then took off for my free tickets, and dinner. As soon as I saw they had chili dogs for eight tickets, I was in. Good deal, too. Each ticket cost 25 cents. With eight, I also got a can of soda (Coca-Cola) and chips (Lays for my son later).

I made my way to a set of picnic tables and went about trying to eat this chili dog without getting it all over myself. No way. I had to find a utensil; all they had were these combination fork and spoons, sporks, so I used it to pry bitefuls. Sooooo hit the spot.

Unfortunately, I spent so much time at the cakewalk and checking out the raffle baskets (my son's class donated one for pet care), that by the time I approached the cotton candy stand, they were out. I almost cried. But settled for some popcorn and free coffee from Starbucks.

It's too bad they don't serve cheeseburgers too, like at the Everett elementary school carnival James and I attended three years ago with friends. Heck, it's too bad they aren't like Punahou's famous February carnival, featuring typical Hawaii fare: malasadas, Portuguese bean soup, fried noodles. But I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment